Thursday, July 10, 2014

10 July 14 (Thursday)

Dear children,

We applauded Dylan, Ezra, and Isaac when they got their prizes for the colouring contest in the hall today. I'm encouraged not only because the three of them won prizes, but also because all of you were cheering so loudly for them. I like how united you are, 2/2! :)

During English lesson, we discussed more about contractions and learnt how to use them to give short answers to questions. How would you use a contraction to answer the question "Is P2/2 JOY a diligent class?"

We also formed some words with the beginning sounds "dr", "gr", "br", "str", "cr", "fl", and "sl" before looking at the compositions written by Ashley and Raeann to learn some good points from their writing. If you received your composition from me today, work on your corrections using foolscap paper and submit it to me on Monday. If you have not received your composition, that means I would like to meet you face-to-face next week to discuss your writing.

During Math lesson, we learnt to use a weighing scale to measure mass in grams (g). Try reading the scales below to help you revise:







These are the Super Spellers who scored full marks for this afternoon's spelling:

Zane, Amelie, Lea and Zhi Zong from Toothless
Natalie from Phoenix
Luke and Phoebe from Hobbit
Dylan and Vanessa from Impossibles
Raeann from Candy
Wei Xiang, Elijah and Janine from Dog
Joel and Ezra from Nameless
Brian from Genius

Each of them earned 2 ice-cream sticks for their group.

This is the ice-cream sticks update for this week: 



Genius is leading! Will any group catch up with them soon? We've got just 3 more weeks to go before the Group of July is announced!

Here are today's reminders:

1) There will be no school for you tomorrow because of our Founder's Day celebrations.

2) Zane's entry for the Sony Creative Science Awards 2014 Toy Making Competition has been selected as a winning entry. He will be receiving an award at the Awards Presentation Ceremony on the morning of 23 July, Wednesday at the Science Centre. The organisers are inviting 10 pupils from our class to support Zane at the ceremony. If you would like to be considered, please ask your parents for permission this weekend. On Monday, I will pick 10 pupils from those who have their parents' permission. If you are selected, you will have to be in school on that day at about 8.30 a.m. so that the school bus can send you to the Science Centre. You will only be back in school for lessons at about 1.30 p.m..

3) If you took the Swimsafer Programme form today, submit it to me on Monday. That is the deadline. Late submissions will not be accepted.

4) I will be putting up a math quiz on the AskNLearn portal by 12 noon on Saturday. Complete it before we meet on Monday.

5) If you placed your art bags with me, remember to collect them from me the next time we have our art lesson. I've got the art bags of these 16 children: Amelie, Zane, Lea, Cullen, Dawn, David, Jonathan, Vanessa, Elizabeth, Risa, Joel, Qistina, Wei Xiang, Elijah, Natalie and Luke.

Have an enjoyable weekend. See you next Monday! :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi mr Wong my parents said I can go to the science centre
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Wong,
    my mother still has her hymn book,
    because she also went to st. hilda's primary!☺☺☆☆


    Best Regards,
    David Chong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mr Wong, my parents said that I can go to the Science Centre

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mr Wong, my parents said that I can go to the Science Centre on 23 July. But what lesson will we miss?

    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr Wong my parents say I
    can go to the Science Centre if I work hard enough.

    Best Regards,
    David Chong

    ReplyDelete